Will be back in stock soon
Magazines ship from the UK.
- Magazines will be sent within (approx) 7 days of order, but usually sooner.
- UK orders will be sent first class.
- Overseas orders will be sent by international standard post - no tracking to keep costs down.
- Any orders of more than one magazine will be sent in separate envelopes due to weight restrictions.
Plants Are Magic is a new magazine for makers, dreamers and plant lovers. It's a celebration of botanical creativity and explores the human relationship with plants.
The topic for Vol. 1 is "well-being" with a Spring/Summer theme.
80 pages of plant-based art, craft, food, healing, interviews, stories, experiences, recipes and tutorials.
Independently published by Rebecca Desnos in the UK and proudly ad-free.
A5 size (14.8 x 21cm / 5.8 x 8.3inches)
Printed on FSC certified silk paper and 'perfect bound' just like a book.
For the DIGITAL version of the magazine, visit my Etsy shop where you will be able to purchase and download it immediately: http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/RebeccaDesnos
Some tasters of what you'll find in Vol. 1 of Plants Are Magic:
- Colours that Heal: harnessing the power of plants to dye therapeutic cloth. Discover how to dye your own scarf with plants, using an alternative dyeing method to my usual soya milk process.
- Oil Power: ever wondered about the difference between an oil infusion and an essential oil? A herbalist share's her journey with us and shows us the kinds of plants that make the best oil infusions and why. Plus learn how to make your own relaxing massage oil.
- The Online Herbalist : read another herbalist's thoughts on how herbal medicine is changing thanks to this technological age that we live in.
- Nourish Your Creativity : Practical tips for eating and cooking to help us reconnect with our inner creativity.
- Eat The Rainbow : Colourful plant-based recipes for a delicious Spring/Summer lunch.
- Homegrown Healing : Read a mother's account of how the garden nourishes the whole family, not only with the delicious produce, but how their whole rhythm of life has evolved around their garden.
- A Therapeutic Language of Plant Life: Why are humans instinctively drawn to plants? Read someone's personal account and learn about some of the theories behind this.
- Noticing Nature : How to appreciate what you have around you, no matter where you live. Some tips for sparking creativity and encouraging mindfulness.
- Interviews with a botanical artist, florist, plant-lover and family who live a plant-centred life